  From: Mark, aka Tatman
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; Lace list
  Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:47 AM
  Subject: [lace] BLacing with hair

  Hi all,

  You don't need a pillow and bobbins to do bobbinlace LOL!  I used a half
  stitch ground to weave the back of my niece's hair for prom this year.
Kind
  of tiring on her part to lay there as we separated the strands, gelled
them,
  and attached clothes pins to the ends to act as bobbins.  You can see how I
  did it here:

  www.tat-man.net/bobbinlace/BLhair.jpg

  And here is the finished lacing on the bottom half of her head:

  www.tat-man.net/bobbinlace/BLhair2.jpg

  Then we did curls on the top crown of her head to finish it off.  The only
  thing my wife didn't let me do is stick a pin in her head so I could finish
  the second half of a spider LOL!!!!  Someday I will get to do that and more
  bobbinlacing of the hair.  I can see doing two simple edges on either side
  of the head where a normal french braid would be and finish it off with a
  pony tail that has a lace stitch ground draped over ;)

  This is probably not a new idea, but thought I would share that. :)

  Mark, aka Tatman
  www.tat-man.net