Yes, Sue - I'm afraid you're right!  As Laurie has said, Maureen decided to
give up her bobbin business about a year and a half ago.  We've all missed
seeing her at our lace days, and certainly miss her knowledgeable and
far-reaching expertise in bobbins.  I understand that she has returned to her
(original) profession - nursing.  Can you imagine having a nicer nurse?!?!

But I suspect that she is also enjoying her own lacemaking again, as she really
is quite an accomplished lacemaker too!!  So I don't think any of us can
challenge her priorities, can we?!

We're really lucky that both Holly VanSciver aned Lacy Susan supply the same
square bobbins.  So all is not lost...  but no one that I know in the US has
that incredible range of Midlands that Maureen supplied us with...   :(

Clay

~~~

A couple of years ago I bought square bobbins from Maureen & Mark Benda. I
think someone said that they were no longer selling bobbins. Am I right in
that recollection (sadly)? If not, does anyone know how I can contact them?
Sue