From: Brenda Paternoster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I work the turning stitch on the inside curve of 10-stick/8-stick
> as CTCTC.  That changes one of the worker threads, not the pair.  It
> wouldn't work for colour but then 10-stick is used for a narrow
> line/braid in a design and you probably wouldn't want colours
> across the width.  Colour changes down the length would have to be
done
> by tying in and cutting off regardless of stitch techniques.

I haven't done it, but it seems to me that having "passives" (everybody
gets to be worker periodically) different colors would make it look
sort of like rope spiraling down.  Color A would work across, then down
the inside edge, color B next, etc.  If they were a gradation (like
light-to-dark green), it ought to produce stripes.  If they were all-
but-one the same, that should look like twisted cord/rope.  I'll have
to try it sometime!

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)