"Presumably the need for a green card doesn't only apply to Canadian
teachers?"
and
"Some of my friends have presented at scientific conferences in the US and
it's always been a hassle for them to get work visas - and that's when some
admin department somewhere has been doing all the leg work and they've just
had to
fill out the application forms.  I can't imagine how tedious it must be if
you constantly have to deal with this sort of stuff yourself."

Just a thought in response two these two comments.

I'm feel sure the organisers must know which of  their selected tutors need
and more importantly, make sure they can get, any extra necessary
documentation
*before* they advertise that particular course.  I am convinced that no-one
involved in an event for this size would be so naive as to leave this major
detail to chance.  And I also thought that Lenka had taught in the States
before
so *she* must have known about this when she agreed to teach the class.

Jacquie