Dear Lacemakers
I would like to share this story of good luck with a global feel. A lady
in Australia ordered from LACET and payed me with a Scotish note her son
had brought back from his back-packing travels. Here is and email I have
just sent her -

Dear Maureen
Do you remember your payment of £5 with a scotish note. After I had put
it through my books, I decided to use this note when I visited Scotland
2 weeks ago on a 4 day train excursion. We stopped off in Stirling and
as we walked up to the castle we passed an old fashioned haberdashery
shop which I had to pop in. I bought a ball of glittery thread for
tatting and asked if they sold shuttles. They showed me some aero
shuttles and by the side was an old box which they were not going to
show me but I noticed there were shuttles in there too. I said I was
interested in those and chose a shuttle (the flat sort with 2 holes and
2 slits , made in horn) and a matching hook mounted in horn. The shop
assistant went away to try and find a price but she couldn't so she said
she would let me have them for 50p because they were old! I wish now
that I had bought the whole lot but I didn't want her to change her mind
before I got out of the shop. I'm absolutely delighted with what I
bought with the note - the best souvenier from Scotland.

Best wishes from Rosemarie Peel
Nuneaton, Warwickshire, UK
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 www.lacet.co.uk