On 21 Jun 2005, at 01:24, Lynn Carpenter wrote:

http://www.fairloom.org/

Talk about color in bobbin lace!

Some interesting pictures as you click through the website:
under the "About" link, what *are* those things being used as pins?
Could they be dried seedheads attached to some sort of thin spikes?

In England when pin production was done by manually and therefore expensive it was quite common to use the seedheads from Ladies Bedstraw - the little burrs that stick to clothing and animal fur - to make 'berry pins' I did try it once, just a case of pushing the pin head into the burr and leaving it for a few weeks to dry.

What struck me as being odd, is that they are doing this for money, but making BL with lots of petals which surely isn't the quickest of techniques. A lot of Asian/Chinese torchon/Cluny typle BL also has petals.

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/