Is there a general rule of thumb for enlarging or reducing a pattern if you wish to use the /Threads for/ /Lace/ book and use a different size thread than the pattern recommends? For example, the pattern calls for Copley Marshall 80/2 (48 wraps/cm)and I want to try to use Aurifil Mako 40wt (36 wraps/cm). It's a pretty big jump in thread size, and I don't have any idea what percentage to start to enlarge the pattern (some more of the patterns in /Milanese Lace/ by Read & Kincaid). Is there a point that you can enlarge or reduce the pattern too much?

Thanks for any help,

Kathy in Holly, MI