I was trying to think back what I have made so far this year and what I did
with the lace.  I have made at least a dozen small pictures of horses,
reindeer, apples and crosses for sale as a fund raiser.  Still have orders for
3 more crosses and one star of David but they will have to wait until after
convention.  I finished a design of lemons to decorate my pj top for the pyjama
party at convention so that it matches the printed bottoms and have just sewn
that on. For this one I just scanned and printed part of the design from the
bottoms and worked the lace on top making up the pattern as I went.  I made a
simple triangular design for a pin that will be on the convention CD.  Made
about 6 bookmarks for convention.  Finally took a piece of wide lilac and white
torchon off my travel pillow which I am using on a lavendar sachet as a gift
for my hostess this weekend in Guadalajara, Mexico.  Does anyone know if there
is any lace to see in that area?  I also took a class with Susa
 Wenzel, Lacy Susan, at our Lace Day last month and finished the torchon/bead
piece that fits on a Christmas ball, I only have to thread the ribbon on it for
it to be finished.  That will definitely not be for sale as it took days to
make!

I make pieces and sew them onto dresses and jackets, usually flowers or cats,
and they go through the washing machine without problems if sewn down all
around the perimeter.  I also did a framed entry for the convention
competition.  I guess I have been pretty busy with my lace making this year
when I look at the list, and that does not count all the tatting I have been
doing whilst watching tv.

Can't wait to learn new techniques with Pompi Parry in the Polychrome class
next month.
Janice

P.S. A few of us Arachne had a nice lunch today in downtown Chicago with Miriam
who is on a visit from Israel.  We met at the Millenium gardens and finished up
at the Art Institute, all walked out and dripping everywhere as the weather was
very, very hot.

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA