On Sep 1, 2005, at 5:30, Ilske Thomsen wrote:

Under    /www.internationaloldlacers.org/index.html#Lace%20Contest
you find all you must know for that contest. In my opion everything is clear.

So it was in mine (mostly; given that I've never seen a "table ribbon" before... <g>) But since the definiton of the contest/rules elicited so many questions, that part had been re-written (by a far-flung committee; ain't e-mail a *marvel*? <g>). The new version is not yet reflected on the website (I just got it from Debra today), but will appear in the Bulletin (which went to print today) as follows:

The contest: Table ribbon (a very narrow table runner) 35 to 45 inches in length (89-114cm), the width may vary from 3.5 to 5 inches (9-13cm), any technique, any size or type of thread (including wire), at least two colors. The lace cannot be mounted or attached to fabric nor framed or laminated. All sides of the lace have to be finished; the sides are part of the design and will be evaluated. The entries must be two-dimensional, not assembled into three-dimensional structures. Three-dimensional (textural) effects characteristic of the lace technique used are permitted, as are embellishments such as beads.

Hopefully, it'll make things clearer still...

And Debra and I (and the organising committee) are working on making entries for the non-US (Canadian and European) members easier, without having to pass them back and forth through borders and customs... With luck, Debra will be able to collect all the *US* entries, photograph them before the Convention, and fly to Montreal with them (we may have to chip in for customs duty, as well as overweight luggage, if y'all use too many beads/jewels <g>). But, hopefully, *Canadians* won't have to send their entries to US (thus avoiding extra postage, and sparing Debra having to pay customs duty on them *as well as* having to haul them to the place of origin)...

It would mean that she'd have to photograph those *during* the Convention (thus cutting into her own "Convention time"), but there's never a perfect solution for everything...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/