>Since I'm not high enough on the totem pole, I can't *swear* they don't
>*any* reimbursment; they may get *some*, and I just wouldn't know.

IOLI Officers aren't paid for their time, that's why they call us
volunteers.  *big grin*

Seriously, the money simply isn't there to pay us.  Close to 80% of the
money from dues goes directly to pay for the production and mailing of the
Bulletin and Handbook. A good portion of the rest goes to mailing expenses
and software for Membership. (Which is why, Tamara, you got your renewal
email, and since you dutifully sent in your form, I didn't send you a
snail-mail follow-up like I do to people with email addresses who I don't
hear from by close to the deadline.)

I guess you just have to be dedicated to advancing the cause of lace making.

Lace in Peace,
Laurie, who is, incidentally, the Membership Chair of IOLI

Laurie J Hughes
Metro Boston, Massachusetts

Bobbin lace, social history, gardening
"When I grow up I want to be a housewife."