  From: Famill Hengen
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: lace@arachne.com
  Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Flax

  In fact, to produce fine linnen-thread, the production was all
  hand-made. Beginning with hand-chosen seed from the biggest plants, sow
  broadcast, and so on.
  I was told all machines to work fiber are too strong to handle this flax
  and we all understand that nobody will hand-spinn flax as this is harsh
  to the skin of the hands, traditionally the spinning was worked in
  cellars with high humidity and very little light, so the conditions for
  work not health-improving, the pay one of the lowest imaginable.

  Now a second problem for the linnen threads is that the chinese buy a
  lot of it in europe, I know a firm in Italy who made a very fine fabric
  in linnen, he had to stop the production as he could no longer find the
  flax he needed because all had be sold to China. This has happened some
  years ago and the quality of the linnen threads was that moment very low
  too.

  Alix

  from Luxembourg.