here is his name and email address: "James Robison"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, and he says he works with this women often, so
maybe you can get more information than what i got.

i'm not arguing where it came from because i wouldn't know one type of
bobbin lace from another for the most part, but if this is a hundred
year old piece of hand made lace, then it would just as important to
know who made it and where it came from, especially if it had such a
large yardage that it could be sold by the yard.  i might find the
courage to write him again in a few days and find out, but not tonight!
lol!  it was sold out before i could get a question in about it!  i'm
sure he will do business with the same lady again and she can get the
info for us all on where it came from then.

--- bevw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is like the story of the 6 blind philosphers trying to identify
> by feel a particular strange beast (it was an elephant) - so many
> interesting opinions. I sent the link of the picture of the lace to a
> collector pal of mine. Her reaction:
>
> "Yes, this is fantastic lace!  I would date it somewhat later, like
> early
> 20th C, and note that it's construction is somewhat similar to a
> guipure
> pattern I found (1910-20). I think it is likely Belgian."
>
> On 10/13/05, suzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i wrote the seller and he said that he felt it was handmade because
> of
> > the inconsistant thread tention.  he also said it had isrealy
> (isrealie
> > ?) origins, and the seller told him it was hand made, but she has
> been
> > wrong before.
>
> Maybe someone in Israel used to have this lace, but they bought it in
> Europe ~

from suzy in tennessee,u.s.a.