Hi everyone and Steph

On 10/22/05, Steph Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> new ones, using interesting threads.  Has anyone made the pattern on page
> 127 called Changeant?  It uses a thin and thick black thread in the
> s'Gravenmoer half stitch and has a light and dark effect....  I'd like to use
> a different colour though, > and I'm wondering if the effect would be less
> pronounced in a lighter
> colour.

I looked up the pattern, haven't made this one, but I note that the
thinner thread is metallic vs. the thicker plain thread. I think the
contrast will be just as effective with a lighter colour; either use a
textural difference in the two, as well as size, or go for a metallic
and a solid. Certainly worth trying -  display it against a dark
background. The example in the book is black against white background,
and now that I think of it, it is difficult to see detail on black
textiles, compared to the lighter ones. IOW I think you're on the
right track.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)