Hi Tamara and other lacers,
   I have two of Bridgetts books. Both have angels in them. I love her angels
and stars she has in the books that I do have by her. I bought them last year
with the intent of making the nativity patterns up which I also like alot. I
have done a couple of the angels that are in one of her books. At the moment I
just started laying bobbins on my pillow to do the one ( 3 kings for X-mas
time) pattern that was in the Lace magazine. I also want to do the the other
pattern that is on the opposite page of the same issue. Both patterns are
Schneeberger lace. I have monkeyed with Schneeberger lace before. I did one of
Lia Baumeister's angels in the past.
  Sherry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 23, 2005, at 2:41, Alice Howell wrote:

> A question recently came to me about Christmas ornaments and their
> patterns. So.....I put the question to all of you.
>
> What is the source of your favorite Christmas ornaments?
>
> For Christmas patterns, I like Brigitte Bellon's "Kloppeln zur
> Weihnachtszeit" (Bobbin Lace Christmas Patterns).

Until I started designing my own ornaments, the favourite source was
another Bellon book (that makes it a 3rd, with the one Barbara is using
): Weihnachtliche Kloppelmotive (Christmassy Bobbin Lace Motifs - as
far as I can decipher the title), published by Barbara Fay in '93. Lots
of angels and stars, but also several candles, some bells and some "odd
ones", like a tree and a mushroom (Poland obviously shares the
"mushroom on the Christmas tree" tradition with Germany; I have several
- glass ones). All fairly simple, using few pairs, but very effective.

Like in the other two books mentioned, all the text is in German - no
English - and my German was never great, and has rusted out altogether
through 35 yrs of disuse. But, for most of the patterns, the knowledge
of the language is not essential; the photographs are _superbly_ clear
and the prickings are marked not only with the paths of the workers but
the direction of movement, where to add and remove pairs, etc. Not for
a total novice to lacemaking but, mostly, because she's not likely to
have been exposed to the many differing notations. In some ways, I
found Burkhard's patterns harder to "guess at", despite the English...

--
Tamara P Duvall http://t-n-lace.net/
Lexington, Virginia, USA (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)