Hi Devon and everyone

> Once you chat up the people at the Food Court, do you have a convenient
> place to send them to follow up? That is the achilles heel of the publicity

Indeed yes - although my pat answer is for them to check the on-line
resources. There is nothing locally, apart from a lace group that
meets socially. I could give a few lessons to start them off if they
were committed, but the problem there is finding a time and place
available, mutually agreeable. However - there are craft places that
rent table space - perhaps there is a resource.  My most recent
student found me through my website. We could only meet on a Saturday,
barring other commitments and the distance both of us have to travel
to get together - we only ever met the once. Some months later we are
now trying to make an appointment where she can return the borrowed
lace equipment. And so it goes - but there's no harm in trying the
portable lace idea. My other thought is to take the higher-end route,
and offer a sample lace lesson for the career set that seeks an
escape, if I can find a suitable venue - advertise in the local
'lifestyle' publications. It would certainly be more gainful for me,
but would it have the same outcome as a more grassroots approach.

Beading is popular! I have decided to incorporate beads and/or
metallic threads in the portable example - and hope to make the craft
more enticing thereby.

We're in development.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)