Hello Lacemakers,

  Thank you for the Christmas cards for us all to enjoy.  I especially liked
Brenda's card for the music which continued to play even when I went back to
reading my emails.  In the Bleak Mid Winter used to be a favorite Christmas
tune of mine, brough back memories of school in England and the photo certainly
looked bleak.  Carolina's lace was so pretty with the snow falling.  I envy you
people who are clever on the computer as well as with your lace.

  Thank you to Bev and Barbara for the Christmas card exchange.  I think this
year the majority of designs so far are angels and candles.  I loved what
Shirley had done with my design.  I had not thought of making it into a green
Christmas wreath when I designed it but it makes sense, especially with the
addition of beads.  I wonder if they were on the back of the lace as well to
make it truly 3 dimensional?  I would have liked to receive any one of the
cards we have seen so far, but I love to see the British robin design as that
denotes Christmas to us ex-pats.  My English friends love to get cards with the
robin on as we miss seeing them over here.

  If I don't post again I want to wish all of you a Happy Christmas or Happy
Holidays, whichever you prefer and a prosperous and healthy New Year with more
time to make lots of lace.
  Love,
  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/