Ah! but there are handkerchief and continuous edgings in Honiton which do have a footside and headside. There are several patterns in *Honiton Lace, The Visual Approach* ISBN 0 7134 5936 0, by Elsie Luxton and Yusai Fukuyama. Had to look it up 'cause I don't do Honiton anymore.

Happy Edging in Honiton,
Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA where we had a balmy day today with Sun and 65 degrees F.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clay Blackwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wel l l l....  the thing with Honiton is that it is not a continuous lace!
It does not HAVE a headside or a footside. Or am I missing something here?