On Jan 29, 2006, at 14:33, Jeanette Fischer wrote:

Every once in a while members mention making items for fundraising - I think Bev mentioned the fridge magnets as a fundraiser. I would like to know which items members are making. My repertoir consists of the ubiquitous bookmark, small motifs to put into keyrings or fridgemagnets and that is it! Oh, and
Christmas items.

All of the above, at one time or another; either as fundraising items or as gifts/exchanges/goodie bag items. For me, it all depends on what the group _wants_. I belong to several "on the ground" lace groups, but all are long-distance (e-distance), so I'm never in on the decision process. Which suits me fine; I do what they ask, or don't do it, if it's not something I'm likely to enjoy making or don't have the time. One group (NELG) once asked for earrings; I supplied about 6 pairs, I think, before I ran out of steam :)

I think brooches (pins) might be nice, too; relatively quick/un-boring, especially if you do them in colour, and change the colour scheme for each. Sew them onto those small safety pins, and there you are. Paula Harten (and others) designed some simple bracelets as a teaching tool for youngsters; beefed up a bit, they could be made for fundraisers.

The thing about items made for frundraisers is that it's all pure profit for the organization, since the items are made/donated by volunteers. So, even if the item sells for very little (say, 10 cents an hour of your time, not counting the materials <g>), you don't mind, because it's the (whatever) _cause_ that's supposed to profit, not you. Or, if you mind, you don't contribute -- the choice is yours.
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/