I finally had a chance to pull my oya/bebilla pieces out.  The old colored and
finely knotted piece is older cotton and worked on the horse hair.  My newer
pieces on head scarves are the stiff nylon. The scarves are very loopy and not
as "fluid" as the cotton, althought the cotton is stiffer.  I never really
noticed the thread itself.  I had them for the lovely designs!  Thanks for
inpirint me to get them out!

  Laura Sandison
  Lace! in New Mexico, USA