I think they were basically talking about a piece of tape lace, small and
cute. I just enjoy doing it and rarely bother to describe it to anyone:-)
Nice to share these things with fellow lacers.
Sue T in Dorset
On 2/15/06, Sue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I had it described to me as fancy weaving.
Or - complex weaving without a loom ;)
( it takes quite a contraption of a loom to duplicate bobbin laces
made on a pillow = machine-made laces)
> I think the fundamental difference between needle and bobbin is that
> bobbin lace (like other weaving) requires two basic working threads,
> the warp and the weft; whereas needle lace (like knitting, sewing,
> crochet, etc.) requires one basic thread.
If we're talking differences between the two, absolutely yes!
--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]