To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Lipstick stain

From: David in Ballarat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 So what do you reckon should be tackled first - the fat or the
colour?Surely it will require some sort of heat and absorbent talc
to remove the fat.

Personally, I'd avoid any heat treatments till the dye was out.  If we
don't know what (chemically) the dye is, we don't know if it'll be heat-
set.  That's the real trick to this--being sure what is done to one
aspect of the stain won't interfere with what needs to be done to the
other, all the while not harming the fibers!  Glad it's not my
bedspread, and *really* glad it's not my 2-year-old!

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)