Sorry, I hit the "send" button too fast...

The other option if you can't get to a fly-fishing supply shop is to go to a
place like Radio Shack (electronic supplies).  They have wire clips which
feature a little "plunger" top which, when depressed,  causes a small metal
hook to come out of the end.  When you hook your thread in this and release the
plunger, the hook retreats and the thread is clamped in place.  They're very
inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes and colors.

Clay
--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA