Sheila wrote:

<We or some us on the Essex/Herts border talk of cloth st and twist,
south of the Thames in parts of Kent they talk of 'double half st.'.>

In the group I attend on Mondays, whole stitch and twist, cloth stitch and twist and double stitch are all used for the same sequence of bobbin movements, depending on who the person had their first lessons from. A couple of us also use 'cross' and 'twist', but the majority don't.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK