Barbara's seen this thread and replied with exactly what I would have said - if anything's not listed in Threads for Lace it's because I haven't seen it, not that it isn't/wasn't made!

I have just received the pack of silk and hemp samples that I ordered from Aurora Silk in Oregon - thanks Dee for the contact info. I'll be looking at those, and a few oldies that I picked up in Durham, over the weekend and they will get added to Addendum 3,

From the other sizes of Egyptian cotton, that I have seen and measured, I'd guess/expect 50/3 to measure about 30-32 wraps/cm and that means that ordinary Amman Sylko machine sewing cotton would be a substitute.

Brenda