Thanks for the link, Clay.
I read it and then visited
http://www.powerofhandsfoundation.co.uk/
where I noticed that a lace design #7 is 13.00 GBP by the metre. It
takes about 12 to 14 pairs and would be quick to make though let's
hope not monotonous. I think that is a reasonable price, if it is a
fair wage for the Sri Lankan lacemakers, and if they aren't
experiencing repetitive-stress if having to make metres and metres to
order.

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins  www.woodhavenbobbins.com
blogging lace at www.looonglace.blogspot.com