I use fishing line exclusively for spangling. I tie a knot, then very carefully melt the ends with a cig. lighter. The knot is hardly noticable and just slides right into the hole of either the bobbin for the bead. I've been told that it's extremely hard to find the knot on my spangles. So far, I've not had any come apart.

I have 2 UFO's - one is that Brugge mat which is now 2 yrs old, and the other is from this past fall. I refuse to start another project as I can get really bad about not finishing projects. I have Louise Colgan's Milanese video, and the Rosalibre book both waiting for me to free up a pillow and both good incentives to get these 2 projects finished. Oops, I forgot about the Princess Lace mat I started a week ago, but it will be a quick project to finish.

Mary R