"Extract from "The Tablet of Memory"  London 1787.  p66.
LACE - more valuable than gold - one ounce of fine Flanders thread has been sold in London for £1. Such an ounce made into Lace may be here sold for £40, which is ten times the price of standard gold, weight for weight."

I have no idea who wrote the Tablet of Memory. I have never heard of that document, I must admit.

Hi Liz and all
online at ABC TV australia website

Book - "The Tablet of Memory, shewing every memorable event in history from the Earliest Period to the Year 1792" by Philip Luckombe. Small book approx. 13cm x 8cm still with original binding. Printed for GGJ and J Robinson, in Pater-noster Row London. Date shown in Roman numerals M.DCC.XCII.

and on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.ie/The-Tablet-of-Memory-1809-ed-good-HB_W0QQitemZ7015684474QQcategoryZ12570QQcmdZViewItem

Jenny Brandis
Brandis Computing Services