On Jun 17, 2006, at 22:47, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote (privately, and I hope she doesn't mind my responding in public):

Sr. Judith invented Withof Duchesse.  Don't know anything about an S-
named town.

Hah! I _knew_ (well... HOPED <g>) it would come to me, if only I stopped trying to remember, and left the subject on the back burner of my mind... It's Sluys (can't vouch for the spelling though; doesn't look _quite_ right... Sluis? It's all Dutch to me... <g>).
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/