I'm thinking of making a bolster pillow and have lots of questions.
I'd welcome some input as to pros and cons of working with a bolster
pillow before I commit to this project.  What size bolster is good for
your lap, rather than a stand or table?

I like my Puerto Rican Travel pillow, but it is a bit small.  With
typical newbie enthusiasm, I started a lace edging that has far too
many pairs for the size of the bolster.  The bobbins get so twisted I
spend more time fiddling than lacing.  I like having the pillow on my
lap, though. It's easier for me to work that way.

I checked on lacefairy.com, and she suggests filling the bolster with
sawdust.  My husband has a full bucket of sawdust downstairs, and I
could sift it and have a huge pillow.  Wouldn't a pillow of sawdust be
rather heavy?

But what started me thinking about making a lace pillow is the 4 bales
of straw sitting in my driveway.  My husband got the straw from a
co-worker and he intends to mulch the garden with it.  I haven't
looked at it, and I don't know what kind of straw it is or how to
decide if it can be used in a pillow.

Thanks for all your help!

Lenore in SW Michigan

http://tatt3r-lace.blogspot.com