2)I wish I could meet lots more lacemakers:  I've been on the
list for years (actually found it two weeks after it started, and been

Still lucky you. Except but one class mate (in a tech school with mainly boys!) it took me more than 10 years before I found any other bobbin lace makers (no internet at all in those days). And the real suppliers. I just had a few books and couldn't find the right thread for honiton. So I started to unravell cloth. The first attempt wasn't twined so very week. The next was strong but artificial and elastic so the bobbins jumped all over my pillow. Silk did the best job but the the threads followed too much the inner curves.

Jo Falkink