I have been making leaves in the Brioude style for quite a while now. However, I can't bring my right thumb over to pick up the bobbins. ( This has to do with what must be arthritis in the thumb joint.) So, when I turn my right hand over to pick up the bobbin, I grasp it with my two first fingers, not using the thumb at all, and it seems to work just fine. Also, I hook my little fingers around the outside threads of the leaf to hold them taut. I think I may remember that in Brioude they used the first two fingers to hold those threads, but since my thumb is useless I have had to switch things around a bit. I hope this makes sense and helps a bit.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])