From: "Dona B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Subject: Re: [lace] black ethafoam
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:04:39 +0100

Lori wrote: So it could be ethafoam but not the correct grade for pillows. I have been wondering about this of late. Whether there are different grades
of ethafoam?  I'm currently making a piece of Flanders lace on an ethafoam
pillow that I made several years ago. Up to this point I had only ever made
Brugge Flower lace on this particular pillow using a larger sized pin.  I
never had a problem. But with this Flanders, I'm using a thinner thread and thus smaller pins and I'm having a heck of a time getting some of the pins to
go into the ethafoam.  One would think that smaller pins would go in more
easily but that is not the case. These pins will "hang" in a certain spot and
there's no pushing it in without taking the larger sized pin into the spot
first, which will push in without a problem. Talk about sore fingertips! Not
to mention bent pins.  I'll be glad to finish this piece- not only to move
onto the next project but to put this pillow away for awhile. I've talked to
"Santa" about a nice Belgian straw pillow so hopefully the next piece of
Flanders will be easier on the fingers.  I hope he's listened!
The ethafoam I used was white and was the only color offered when I purchased
it.  It does hold the pins in tightly once they're in.
Dona in Maisieres, Belgium where our beautiful weather is continuing into
December.