Tamara, I know about Lacis from my miniature knitting forays, never thought they supplies lace items too, so thanks for mentioning them.

I had half decided to ago ahead with the mangling until I read your words about silk being at its weakest when wet - of course, duh! don't know why that fact forgot to emerge from my brain cells.

Eve thanks for the link to the needlelace site, I have been to explore the site and will join them - I love needlelace!

Micki