Dear Orla,

Your lace is lovely.  Please don't go back to lurking.

Probably I write for all when I say that we would like to see more laces from
SCA members!

Newbies:  The "Le Pompe, 1599 --- Patterns for Venetian Bobbin Lace"  book
may be of interest, especially if you have nothing from this period.  Published
by Ruth Bean (England) in 1983, ISBN 0-903585-16-2, Paperback, 128 pages.
This is a reproduction of probably the earliest known set of bobbin lace
patterns.    The modern authors - who provided a technical section and written
instructions, diagrams, prickings and photographs of finished laces, are
Santina
Levey and Patricia Payne.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center