I do not know if this is the one that was recommended to you but I
really love the one written by Antonia Frasier. It is simply called
Mary, Queen of Scots. I believe that I have a few extra copies around
the house. If you would like a copy <and I can find them> let me know
with your address and I will post one off to you.

I have/had multiple copies of this book as I was the director for an
acting group doing the court of Mary, QOS at a local Ren Faire and
found a bunch of them at a local library tag sale.

Shere'e
Seattle, WA USA