I too was disappointed to hear of the demise of Anna.  It's been one of my
favourite magazines for many years (the other being Piecework, with that I
was a bit concerned to note that the latest issue was much slimmer than past
ones...hope that doesn't indicate a similar fate!).   I've got a complete
set of Anna going back to the mid 80s and scattered issues before that...so
plenty to keep me going for many years to come.

I didn't find anything definitive in a web search either - except it was
notable in its absence from places where one would have expected to find it,
including the Burda site.  The Canadian supplier is only listing the latest
issue (couldn't tell from the photo which issue that really is)...will be
interesting if my local newstand knows anything.

What I did find was this fascinating link to the life of Aenne Burda, I for
one hadn't realised that there was a real person with a fascinating history
behind the publishing empire.
http://www.aenne-burda.com/
Little on the needlecrafts side, more on fashion and dress.  Info in German
or Russian as well as English.

JulieO in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, hosting the Canada Winter Games February 23- March 10, 2007 - held north of 60 for the first time - with lots of fresh snow, cold temperatures, and more daylight each day . [EMAIL PROTECTED]