I've had a look - hmmm.....don't you all think it would be rather cold for
the lady to be sitting outdoors with her lace....
Karen in Malta

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:42 PM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] lacemaker & shop on eBay

Good morning, Spiders!

I spotted something of interest on eBay this morning.  It seems that Dept
56, which manufactures decorative "collectables", has added a lacemaker and
lacemaker's shop to this years Dickens Village.  These collectables are
usually found in gift shops and specialty shops that feature Christmas
decorations.  So there is certainly no need to get in a price war over the
one on eBay!  What is interesting is that it seems that our pursuit of
lacemaking has finally entered the public consciousness to the extent that a
company would portray it in something like this!

I've attached the tiny url so you can see what it looks like.  The house
will probably be about eight inches high.  It is made of porcelain, and the
windows and other openings are pierced so that the light from the little
bulb inside shines through.  Typically, the scale of the figures to the
houses is way off...  so the lacemaker will be much larger in scale.  Don't
know why they do that.  She would be sold separately.

http://tinyurl.com/36pfhz
Clay
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA, USA