Donna Hrynkiw wrote:

> Greetings friends,
> I've found an archive of about a hundred old photos (and a few
> paintings and sculptures as well) of lacemakers.

I've had a wonderful time going through these images of art, and have come
across an enigma:  in this painting, what is the lady offering the viewer?

http://tinyurl.com/2ds2wf

I'm guessing maybe a crust of dry bread for her husband to have for his supper?
 Certainly not the TV remote control!!  (vbg)...  At any rate, if anyone is
familiar with this painting and can shed some light on it, I'm curious to know!!

Clay