Greetings, I am new to the list. i've been lurking for a couple of
weeks. This is my first post.
 Making lace outdoors is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I
live in a rural area and I frequently walk down  the road to the family
farm to perch under a tree and work. My other favorite place is the
grounds of the Spa State Park, which is home to the National Museum of
Dance and the Summer Home of the New York City Ballet. Ballet being one
of my passions, I love sitting to make lace on the lovely grounds and
seeing the comings and goings between the dance studios. You can
actually watch classes there, but I prefer to be outside and catch the
occasional glimpse of what's going on and listen to it. I bring bobbin
lace, crochet lace or whatever needlework needs attention that day :)
It's not too far from the town of Saratoga Springs so you can pop over
there for lunch or a trip to the needlework shop. It's a place
sometimes frequented by other artists, which can lead to some neat
conversations. Bobbin lace tends to draw a lot of attention. :)
Happy Lacing,
Niamh

Niamh Swan,
Sailchuach Aisling