I was given an old bobbin by my first lace teacher many years ago; 25 years ago to be precise. I have only recently realized that it is not a typical English lace bobbin. The head and neck are the same style as an English East Midlands bobbin, but the body is bulbous. The whole bobbin is less than 3.5 inches long, and is very slender. The head is about 1/8" across and the largest part of the body is less than 1/4". It was drilled at some point for a spangle. I think that's why I didn't notice for a long time that it wasn't your normal old East Midlands.

Could someone give me an idea of its country of origin? I have looked in books and think it may be French...but it is much smaller than most of the bobbins I've seen.
If it would help, I could post a picture on webshots...

Debbie in Florida