Hello Debbie,

I looked up a German supplier site and your bobbin looks similar to Swiss
bobbins.
Here is the link.

http://www.langendorfkloeppel.de/prodeut/produkt/pro1_d.htm

Maybe that helps. But in anyway it is a pretty and surely treasured bobbin.

Regards,
Martina in Germany

On 15 Jun 2007 at 20:23, the Mouzons wrote:

I was given an old bobbin by my first lace teacher many years ago; 25
years ago to be precise.  I have only recently realized that it is not
a typical English lace bobbin.  The head and neck are the same style
as an English East Midlands bobbin, but the body is bulbous.  The
whole bobbin is less than 3.5 inches long, and is very slender.  The
head is about 1/8" across and the largest part of the body is less
than 1/4". It was drilled at some point for a spangle.  I think that's
why I didn't notice for a long time that it wasn't your normal old
East Midlands.

Could someone give me an idea of its country of origin?  I have looked
in books and think it may be French...but it is much smaller than most
of the bobbins I've seen.

If it would help, I could post a picture on webshots...

Debbie in Florida