If you go to <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/this- month.html> it will take you to the newest postings on the Archives site. (Thanks Bev for mentioning that.)

Some of us--me--have lots of trouble with the search feature on the Archives site. We are trying to fix it, but it is slow going. When I tried to bring up the article you mention on the Archives site, I was taken to the Needle and Bobbin Club posting on the list from CD3, but it wouldn't open.

Then I realized that Janice had gone onto Kris Bruland's site to look at the Contents of the CDs, and I found the picture she was talking about. As for the monkey, it may very well have been a pet. For those childless nuns, a monkey might be very nice to have. Some of our historical experts may be able to tell us more about that.

But back to the Search feature. Eva and John know that Kris' search function is better in many ways than that on the Archives. The Professor knew that too--though he wouldn't admit it!--and he and John were beginning to work on it when he got so sick. Now that John is trying so hard to manage the site, he is swamped with the details that were left behind when the Prof died. Eva is working with him to try to make sense out of what in some cases seems like minor chaos. So I hope everyone will bear with us.

In the meantime, check This Month in the Archives for the newest postings (and to reach past months as well) and by all means go to Kris' site <http://www.handweaving.net/Store.aspx> to check on the contents of the CDs.

Please keep on telling us of your successes and problems. It will help us make the site better.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) in Maine USA