I'm in the north of Kent - just across the River Thames from Essex, and we've not had abnormally high levels of rainfall. Yes it's been very wet, but nothing really unusual. Because last year was so dry the ground is still able to soak up water. Terry is still walking the dogs across the marshes wearing shoes/trainers rather than wellie boots.

After a really grey and wet day yesterday, today is beautiful, a blue sky with puffy white clouds, a gentle breeze and around 22 deg C.

Brenda

On 24 Jul 2007, at 11:54, Jean Nathan wrote:

From the official web site:

"As floods hit most of the UK, Chelmsford remains unaffected by the flooding, Essex is probably the driest county in the UK and despite a few showers and
muddy patches the build is continuing!"

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK
  ----- Original Message -----
  Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:39 AM
  Subject: RE: [lace] flooding in England,

  Hi All,

Think about Scouting authorities (in London area somewhere) who have a Centenary World Jamboree about to start (28th July) and they have 500,000
  people coming!!

  Mary Carey
Campbelltown, NSW where I had 25 mins drive to my World Scout Jamboree
  opportunity almost 20 years ago

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html