Hello Carol

I could only find two hanging bobbins listed. Anne Swift is a very well known and reputable dealer in lace and bobbins. JimBob what not!! has been selling a collection for a few weeks including some rather nice bobbins but I don't know anything about the person.

Though I'm a great fan of the Springett's book (after all some of my bobbins are pictured in it) I don't think they can definitely know any better than the rest of us how many bobbins were made for each hanging or even for sure how many hangings were commemorated in this way. I have a Castle, Bull and Worsley and also a Miles Weatherhill hanging bobbin which is not included in the book. I know of only one other Weatherhill but I believe that Christine and David became aware of them after the book was published.

But to get back to your query - both the bobbins look authentic to me and as I have a collection of 1,000+ I think (hope!) I'd recognise a fake. But.......... there's some very clever people out there!!!

Best wishes
Diana in Northants