I don't tat but that doesn't mean that I don't have questions :-)

Avital, could you please explain what is pedantic about the doily you are
making?  Or is it the way you have chosen to make it?  Is there a picture
anywhere of this type of doily design?  (Please, just remember to keep things
simple so a non-tatter can understand!)

Thank you in advance,

Helen (in overly warm Vancouver, BC on the west coast of Canada, happy because
her main cancer treatment finally finished this week :-) )

<snippety snip>