In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
> Same with tray inserts, etc.   Sometimes designs have to be
>modified to fit.  Otherwise, a custom-made solution will add unexpected costs.

Not always. Chapter 14 of Alex Stillwell's book would have been minus
the pattern she adapted for it had I followed that mantra! By being
patient, and finding a framer at a large lace fair willing to make a
hexagonal frame to fit (Bucks works to hexagons, not the common
octagons) they added a new range to their products and my Hearts and
Flowers Snowflake got its frame.

If we are going to push the boundaries, we don't need the restrictions
of what is already on the market to hinder our ideas!

My scalloped variation of the design, after two years on the pillow, is
almost complete and ready to go to Deborah for 'Lace' if she decides to
use it. Loopy gimps do become second nature after time..... I can almost
remember how to do the three overlapping circles with one pair of gimps
without thinking about it, but don't ask me to diagram the process!!!

I agree about good presentation, but it shouldn't be an obstacle to
creativity, rather an enhancement.
--
Jane Partridge