Yup. totally hysterical. I LOVE that one. :)))) Take a printout to the bookstore and show a clerk. I'll bet there is a cartoon book available for this artist.
Kate Henry
Indiana USA

To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 5:31 PM
Subject: [lace] questions (2) for the list!

Dear Spiders...

I have two questions for the list. I know the answers are out there, and will appreciate any information you send me.

First... does anyone have the current email address for Simon Toustou in Canada? I have a friend who wants to purchase some bobbin holders, and I seem to have tossed the information I once had from him. (Can't imagine WHAT came over me!!)

The second question may be harder. I have - posted on my refrigerator with a couple of magnets (both lace-related!) - a cartoon which shows a woman writing, and a descriptive note on the left says, "The woman who manages her time so much better than you do writes in her journal about cable television." but the "word bubble" of her journal entry takes up most of the space and says, "I was approched by one of those cable companies offering to install cable television in my home, free, for one month. Well, I was amused because, of course, we don't own a television set. Our family evenings are spent reading aloud to one another, singing our own compositions around the grand piano, or making lace."

Isn't that a hoot?!? This was something that a sharp-eyed Arachnid once alerted us to, and I printed it off the URL she posted. I've really loved it, and would like to see more cartoons by this person. Does anyone know who did this cartoon, and where I would go to see more?

OK... that was a major distraction from the easy question... so if you know Simon's email addy, please let me know... and then get on with digging for the other question!! MANY thanks for your help!!

Clay

--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA USA