This past weekend we went to the Spoon River Drive in northern Illinois to
hit the garage sales and flea markets that are in several river towns.  Not
much leaf color, but still was a nice drive along the river.
Being that it was the last weekend and the last day of the event, we cleaned
up and got a lot of free items that people didn't want.....like an old
treadle sewing machine in the cabinet.  Just needs to be worked on and a
belt put on and the wood refinished.  Still was free!  We found lots of free
boxes of stuff.  So the back of our SUV/car was loaded with goodies to bring
home :-D
I managed to rescue some nice samples of lace at this one garage sale that
had TONS of needleworks of all kinds(mostly crocheted doilies) and kits and
other antiques.  My wife wanted to buy it all HAHA.....not enough money for
that.  But what lace I did get was a STEAL!  25 to 50 cents a piece!.  They
may not be in the best of shape, with tears and undone knots, but I will
frame them and use them as part of my display in our booth at the heritage
events we do.  They are good samples of needle lace and netting and even
found a long 4 foot piece of tatted edging that I will put around a hanky.

You can got to my blog to view the images: http://www.tat-man.net/blog or
just click on these direct links to view them:

Tatted edging for hanky:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/Tatting/classic_tat_edging
.jpg

This is one of a set of two and a nice sample of pulled thread work and
embroidery:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/pulledthread_doily.jp

A good example of a netted doily:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/netteddoily.jpg

These last two lace finds are nice samples of needle lace and embroidery and
netted lace insertions with a netted lace edging.  I believe they are
antimacassars.

Close up view:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/net_needlelace_2close
up.jpg

Large view:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/net_needlelace_2.jpg

Close up view:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/net_needlelace_1close
up.jpg

Large view:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z43/tatmantats/lace/net_needlelace_1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my finds with you :)

In sunny and cooling Greenville, IL USA

Mark, aka Tatman
Www.tat-man.net
Www.tat-man.net/blog