A good teacher can work with bobbins wound in any direction. Kate Henry
Indiana USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Crocker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:39 AM
Subject: [lace] Re: winding bobbins

On 16 Oct 2007, at 23:55, Janice wrote:

As a teacher, it is
difficult and even annoying to let out or wind up thread if the
bobbin is not wound the way you are used to doing it.

Nothing like as disconcerting, frustrating and annoying as to be told by a teacher, as I was in Prague, 'Oh your bobbins are wound the wrong way round. I can't work like this. You'll have to rewind them if you want my help' And I had to - 40 pairs!!!

Margaret
making Maltese lace on Gozo