  From: Tatman
  To: Lace list
  Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:19 AM
  Subject: [lace] Re: Princess Lace Machine

  I am finding this conversation about this pillow fascinating.  Since I am
  from the St. Louis area(50 miles east), and the Torchon Lace Company is
from
  St. Louis and is the one that made the Princess Lace Machine(am I correct
in
  my thinking?), this has me interested.  And it is also interesting to note
  that the Princess Lace machine was made in 1904 which also happened to be
  the year of the World's Fair in St. Louis, Mo.  Any correlation there and
  wonder if it was presented at the 1904 World's Fair?  Any one have
thoughts
  on the history of that?  Trying to get my facts straight.......

  Happy Lacemaking!

  Mark, aka Tatman
  In cool, soon to be rainy Greenville, IL USA
  Www.tat-man.net
  Www.tat-man.net/blog

  > From: "Laurie Waters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >
  >> It doesn't really matter whether they were good to use or not. The
German
  >> Rassmussen pillow, of which this is almost a direct copy (along with
most of
  >> the patterns), was just as hard to use. The point is that The Torchon
Lace